Saturday, July 11, 2009

19 Years As A Teacher

When Puan K joined the teaching staff of my school, she could recognise me straight away.

As I was explaining to her about her time-table and the books that she could use for her classes, she could not contain it any longer. A smile creased on her sweet face.

"Puan, actually I'm K, your student at Seri Garing. I already contacted my husband, K, who was also my classmate, to tell him that now I'm teaching with you!"

Hahaha....

What a small world it is.

Today, 11 July 2009, about 14 years after we last saw each other, I met K and K, who are now a young couple with a daughter, at our Family Day gathering.

"K, I still remember that you liked to sit near the door with A."

"Yes, and I still remember what you said to my father on the day he came to collect my report card. "

Hahaha...........(Then he actually quoted the words I said to his father). Hahaha...........

"But, teacher, thank you ...................."

Thank you to you both, too. I have learnt many things from you too.....and from many students who have been the REAL reason why I stay in this profession. Otherwise.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is touching. Now you are colleagues!