Sunday, May 25, 2008

April Showers Bring May Flowers

It started quite bad as I was late for my morning exercise - an activity that is going to be my daily routine during the school holidays.

"Mom, are you coming with us?", my little SSS (who just celebrated her 9th birthday yesterday) was asking me from the porch.

"No, honey", I replied hastily before changing my mind. "Oops, I mean.....", I rushed out of the bathroom but it was too late as my husband had already started the car engine. Phew! I had to catch a bus to the lake at Taman Bersatu since I knew he would take me to a restaurant after that.

Within half an hour, I was already at the lake, smiling triumphantly as I saw his car. 'I made it!' Unfortunately, the moment I started doing my exercises I realised that his car was no longer in the parking area! God! My knee-jerk reaction was to grasp my handset and try calling him- but there was no answer. I knew it, he must have left his mobile at home.

"Well, think positive...", I told myself. I wasn't going to waste another 70 sen, in fact I needed an exercise- so eventually you can guess what happened- I went back on foot. I reached home like a cat that got the cream. Of course, walking more than 1 km was indeed a good exercise.

No comments: