Friday, May 16, 2008

Badminton

As I passed the television set, I caught a glimpse of the Thomas Cup badminton match. It was Indonesia playing against Korea (men singles). Well, it s not really about the match actually, I was more interested in the Korean player (if I am not mistaken his name is Lee). He put up a good fight against Hidayat who seemed baffled at the brilliant strategy employed by Korea.

More importantly, Lee reminds me of Mr C, my teacher when I was in Form 4. He taught my noisy and lively class of Form 4N ,two important subjects namely Mathematics and Additional Mathematics. We were, as I mentioned earlier, a bunch of 30 rowdy girls who were easily excited by anything deemed interesting to us.

Mr C, a young Chinese teacher, was quite good looking and also an eligible bachelor. That last fact did not matter to me at all because I had already 'made way' for my best friend to handle this matter.

We really looked forward to his lessons as we felt appreciated by his caring attitude. We were always given a fair amount of class work and homework and we never , ever wanted to hand in our work late. Our Math and Add Math exercise books were always returned with his positive comments. At least, we would get a 'BAIK' written beside his signature. How we all loved it!!!

Don't get me wrong, Mr C was not a man of many words, instead his response was mostly "Hehehehe". He NEVER reprimanded us but nevertheless we respected him from the bottom of our hearts. I know I also owe my Form 3 Math teacher who helped me develop a keen interest in Math. So Mr C was a 'bonus' to me and a real source of inspiration to help me aim for A1 in both subjects. However all this came to an end when he was assigned to teach another class and we were given another teacher. The fun was different even though I still worked as hard as I could to score for these subjects.

Luckily, I was active in sports so I still had Mr C to coach me in the afternoon , unlike my best friend who had to suffer a little bit from the 'loss'. I don't remember if I had given Mr C any present on any occasion....but Sir, I do remember you. And back to the badminton match, Lee from Korea managed to outdo his opponent.



2 comments:

NA said...

Mr. C = Mr. Teh.
lol

maheranhz said...

ya come to think of it......