Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Blue Haven?

".....When evening is nigh, I hurry to my blue haven..........."

Spending a few days at my kampong has allowed me to judge for myself the progress which is taking place. It's true that the infrastructure in Alor Gajah district is definitely something I am proud of. A number of private-owned lands are left undeveloped, but the areas owned by the state government are well maintained. The list is long, from an organised farming project to parks which are beautiful, the superb 'toll-free highway' and a well-equipped hospital.

My youngest daughter was down with high fever (and she was showing symptoms of 'Influenza-Like Illness' , if I wish to exaggerate) and I knew that my first Raya was going to be spent at the district hospital. Indeed that's the place we went to, as soon as food was served and the guests had started arriving at my mom's house.

The professional treatment I received from these supposedly 'kampong' people would be the envy of the Rawang and Selayang hospital staff (and even the private hospitals' in Kuala Lumpur). Moreover, I only spent RM1 for the entire treatment.

Perhaps Alor Gajah is my blue haven.............


No comments: