Saturday, September 26, 2009

Of Rendang and Paperwork

These two shall never be the best of friends. What? Preparing rendang, serving the ketupat, the cookies and then?....... checking my bag, my handbag (even though of late, I hardly use my handbag), photostating exercises for my students, ironing baju kurung to be worn next week (the last time I put on bk was on the first Hari Raya) and going to my room at my school to see if there was anything to be done.

Yesterday morning I went to get the past year paper to be given to the form 4 students as 'Gerak gempur' from the office. Thank God the material was already printed , hence I did not waste much time. I set myself to get every thing stapled before 2 pm. Indeed it was stapled and labelled by 2.01 pm! Not bad, I told myself. Actually I was just helping out the form 4 teachers since they were all in their respective kampong.

Later that evening I went back to school to put the material in the office because it was needed on Monday morning. My husband reminded me that most probably his friends would be coming on Saturday (yes, today). So, we decided to shop for some chicken and some more cookies (most of the cookies bought earlier ended up eaten as snacks in front of the tv).

Today, I spent a few hours in my kitchen, and a few more hours feeling quite nervous when the guests came and tasted my 'ketupat', 'rendang ayam' , 'rendang daging' , fried noodles and perhaps after this some 'mee kari'. Even at this particular moment there is a guest in the living room.

A good night sleep will surely be enticing!

No comments: