Friday, September 18, 2009

Oh Mr Burglar

What a post right before Hari Raya!

Instead of reminiscing about my ever wonderful Hari Raya..... or about last year's Hari Raya when I prepared rendang etc for my students, (and instead they came on the following day, when I chose to laze around, but I was more than happy to entertain my guests, anyway.....)...... yes, instead of all that I am now thinking about the safety of my belongings while I go back to my kampong.

Furthermore, I have to plan the route to take (Plan A and Plan B, and perhaps a Plan C!). I must also foresee the problems which might arise with regard to the traffic flow, my car and also the weather.

On top of that, burglary has been quite rampant lately in my housing area....

Frankly, I lost almost 100 per cent of my valuables during a break-in in 2007. That was one terrible year of losses............ But hey, Mr Burglar, I just do not want you to do the same again!

Having said that, I wish to welcome my dearest students and ex-students to my house during Hari Raya. I am not a chef but I think I enjoy cooking for you. So, welcome to my humble abode!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't visit, definitely. Just wishes from miles away.
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

Anonymous said...

Oh, teacher. I wish I can go to your house, but unfortunately, I have no idea where it is. So, I'm really really sorry. Hehe. I would love to try your cooking though. Surely a mother's cooking can never beat any restaurant's or top chef's....

-J0l3NE-

maheranhz said...

lct,thanks for the long-distance call, i really appreciate it. and congrats that you are able to fast!

jol3ne, that's a compliment! but i dare not say that my cooking is better, it is safer to say that i enjoy dishing up something 'special' for you!