Thursday, June 18, 2009

Feelings, Nothing More Than Feelings

It's what some people call 'nostalgic' .............the hours when I was slogging away , trying to mark the last few answer scripts of my 5SJ students. It was already 12.30 am, all my family members were half-way into their private dream lands. My daughter was restless, and she would come to check on me every hour.

When my better half was watching TV, the TV channel was predictably tuned to 555 (National Geographic). As soon as I saw that the TV was beginning to 'watch' him instead, I claimed ownership of the remote control, switching to 851 (yeah, some music , and perhaps some oldies to accompany me , amidst all the paper containing my students' literary works). Some old songs are really ever green..........

I particularly liked one essay entitled "The Teacher I Like Best". Let's read an excerpt of the essay. ".......I like my English teacher. Her name is Puan Haslina. She likes swimming and cooking. Her husband knows how to cook. She is happy because her husband knows how to cook. She is rich. She has a swimming pool at her house........." Gee, that was one cute essay from the adorable students of mine.

After those marking, report writing, preparing the lesson plans, compiling the reports from the various schools in Rawang (that I'm observing), and perhaps before I knew it, it was already 4 am. It's time to get some forty winks before going to school. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: