Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Susan Boyle

When I was small, I thought the name 'Susan' was cool.

But that was umpteen years ago, before I knew the existence of Rawang in Selangor , or anywhere on earth, for that matter.

Anyway, Susan Boyle who has become a sensation in the first quarter of 2009, is certainly a figure not easily forgotten by millions of people........ What's the lesson here? Never, never judge a book by its cover? Yeah, it's as simple as that.

On the flip side, such lessons are erased from our minds almost instantaneously. Why can't some people spare some time to reflect on their actions and words? When will these people be really affected by the wake-up calls? It may not be my vocation to run a nation but I take it as my responsibility to instil values in children (especially), regardless of their colour.

This is the IN thing in my 'To Do' list.........

No comments: