Thursday, June 4, 2009

Of Men and Cheese (Young Men, Don't Read This!)

A true man ages like cheese!

Hold on, before I am bombarded with the 'yuks' etc, let me appease your anger by telling you that not every body likes cheese, in the first place.

(But hey, I do like cheese!)

While I was at the hair salon yesterday, my daydreams took me to the time when I was younger, more energetic and lighter. I had 5 children fewer and my salary was less than half what I earn now. I was more naive than now , not very demanding and a bit more sensitive at times ........

What I did have at that time did not seem important (and was not well regarded), not until my size ballooned and I began to feel weak..............

Thank God, maturity is not meant to be taken cynically....... Fast forward, 17 years later, I have encountered numerous events which help strengthen my personality. I have accepted the fact that I shall never be called 'young lady' anymore. (Once, a student of mine teased me by asking whether there was any body in the school who called me 'makcik'. That was one @#$% of a joke, but I did laugh...)

Well, on the other hand, my other half is not spared the 'metamorphosis'............but his is a different story. Apart from the physical changes (getting more good-looking), he has become more even-tempered ..........

After I bade farewell to the affable hairdresser , I rushed to our car where my husband was waiting. He looked at me smiling, "OK, how was it?" were the words which echoed his smile despite the 2-hour wait!

Told you, I do like cheese................

No comments: