Monday, March 23, 2009

The Doctor I Was Meant To Be

I spent less than a minute with the doctor today. I wasn't interested in asking for MC. I needed some medication. Nothing more.

It would be great to have a medical qualification. Sigh...

When I entered 5MW on 11 March, there was another teacher in the class. Phew! And I was 5 minutes late! The teacher was none other than my own principal (whose speciality is Science).

As I was standing somewhere near her, I was wondering if she just wanted to give a pep talk to the 5 MW students. At the same time, I was worried if she would question me for being late.

My worries proved to be futile as she kept on talking about Biology and Science even when the clock was ticking loudly. From time to time, I glanced at my watch (at that time I still had my watch). Oh, I sensed that she sincerely wanted to motivate the students to study hard for these two subjects.

The ways of studying Science and Biology seemed almost effortless, the way she put it. My mind raced to the time when I felt Biology came from Mars, or even Pluto. But, being in the audience to her lecture, Biology seemed like coming from the kitchen, it was just like some 'tips' from a mother, not some intimidating facts that unnerved me when I was 16, or 17. No wonder I could not do medical studies.

The pep talk which was meant for the students was now sapping into my mind and my soul. I like Biology, I am telling myself. Perhaps it's not too late to start doing some serious reading on Biology, I shall try.

But tonight I am really unwell. I should have asked for an MC ! I really should have.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Biology is not hard. Everything is co-related. So far, Bio is always the subject I scored the highest. Anyway, Bio is the only subject that you can visualise and practice (not like Physics you can practice but cannot visualise).

maheranhz said...

lct, i guess you are right! by the way, the 'cute seal' had been a great company when I was lying in bed - recuperating from a 'deadly' viral infection. thank you!