Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Scary Encounter

After 'residing' in my office room for more than a year, I begin to wonder if people want to avoid coming to see me. Do they dread the idea of sitting across the table? Waiting for me to check the reports to be submitted to my boss?

I haven't found a concrete piece of evidence to support my perception of their visits.

Anyway, I remember feeling most uncomfortable to enter my boss's room during the first 12 years of my working life. It was only in 2002 the fears left me and I found myself going in to see Pn LKL with so much ease. A heartiest thank you to her who always tried to unearth my true potential.

For a person who 'reads' people using my sixth sense (though 'he' won't believe me!), I am sometimes baffled at how some people have the guts to see our boss to plead with her to be exempted from certain duties. I guess they are left with not much choice, I mean they are desperate, and they mean well, actually.

All in all, as one grows 'younger' , one has to learn to take up risks.....so whether it is scary or not, one might as well face up to it.

No comments: