Friday, March 20, 2009

Lessons After SPM (1982)

All's fair in love and war.

About 30 years ago when I was in a secondary school, my curious and childish mind was always seeking for justice and learning about reality and the truth. I really could not understand why some of my school mates were quite 'cruel' (harsh) in their daily interactions. They believed that being rude was OK. They believed that leaving their friends behind was just part of the game, (who cares, anyway , when their motive was to gain popularity). Some of them were greedy, some were sarcastic, some would not share anything such as past-year paper with others and some would talk about boys as though all the boys in the world were after them (it's an all-girls-school).

I liked to keep my mouth shut but I did become quite an observer.

My life on the hill in Seremban was great, despite the heartbreaking uncouth attitude of some of the girls there. I did survive!

Nonchalantly, I braved through the 5 years of my stay there. My natural curiosity was partly satisfied with explanations from my parents but I was only totally convinced of what constitutes the right (and wrong) thing to do, after reading a book entitled 'Bimbingan Mukminin' by Imam Ghazali (which was initially done to kill my time after sitting for SPM). Remember there wasn't any P Moral or Civics lessons during that time.

This was my first step into the world of open-mindedness......... (to be continued).

No comments: