Saturday, May 16, 2009

The First Love Is Hard To Forget (continuation)

He was not paying attention to my existence but hey, his smiles had never left his handsome face from the first minute I saw him.

My heart beat was normal.....the vice-president of the college was standing beside me, trying to make me and my friends feel welcome to Kuala Lumpur, the place which I was going to spend my life in the next 18 months. In my eyes, the vice president wanted to seize the chance to make amends for his harsh reminder to me during the first meeting that afternoon.

Actually, I did not really care about the incident that was simply a misunderstanding....between a teenager and a man who had a lot of things to oversee in order to make his project a success. (In fact, he kept on being overly polite to me since then....)

Now, my mind was preoccupied with my new batch of friends, 7 girls and 16 boys..... all of whom seemed excited about starting their matriculation studies at this college. One of the boys (who must have been trying to break the ice) casually asked the girls to introduce ourselves. My sixth sense told me that he might be particularly interested in me........(vain!) But , in fact that was the truth, as revealed by him a few months later.

Ironically, THE OTHER BOY (whose smiles I still remember until today) did not show much progress. He was calmly eating at the table................
(to be continued)

No comments: