Monday, May 18, 2009

I Am Smiling

Pang! We were awakened by a noise at three in the morning. My 'hero' tiptoed to the kitchen where the sound was heard. The 'brave' me followed him in the hope of finding something harmless.

Oh, indeed it was. It's only a cat toppling my favourite pot (which had cost me almost an arm and a leg), which was already smashed to pieces..... I sighed at the thought of cleaning the floor at this wee hours. My curious little girls were found standing at the door almost as soon as I started picking up the toughened glass... I glanced at them, not really expecting them to lend a hand. However, Naimah seemed more than willing to do a fair share of this tedious cleaning-up duty. Thank you, thank you.... with her help, the job was done in about half-an-hour.

I quickly went back to bed after that, thinking that Mondays are mostly the most challenging days.....furthermore, there would be a celebration of Teachers' Day. I was smiling before I dozed off....

Fast forward, the students seemed pretty excited about giving teachers presents of all sorts. Some of the gifts could be bought at the RM2 shop, but the teachers did not seem to be bothered by the low price. Some of my students gave me a hug..... even that was sufficient.

At 10.45 am, lessons were carried out as usual. In fact, I had a class that ended at 4pm. Before I entered the class, I found Encik A reading his PTK results slip. Wow! He had scored the best grade (which was a '4'). This reminded me of my own results...........

At the office, when I opened my results slip, little did I know that I was going to see a beautiful '4' printed clearly.

I thank God for being so kind and merciful. I should be smiling (sincerely) and I hope by doing so, I could help others find their own smiles...................



No comments: