Saturday, May 16, 2009

Laser Mouths

Ever got pissed off by sarcastic remarks made by 'some people'?

Yes, join the boat. This boat ain't shaky because we, the passengers are experienced and wise adults (not without flaws, of course).

When I was small, my first disturbance was in the form of teases from cruel people regarding my appearance.

As I graduated from that phase, I was already immune to such childish remarks. In fact, all (or most of) my teenage friends found me to be reasonably friendly and level-headed. I kept on looking for the truth .....of how to counter or become resistant to any hurtful comments.

My first encounter with books on Akhlaq (or morale-boosting tips ) was an eye-opener. Of course my mother had been telling me about what's good and what's bad....but I needed something concrete.

Until now, my search has never been exhaustive, I keep on reading materials which help prevent me from sinking into the river of desperation and helplessness. Whenever I bump into my old friends or my former colleagues, I always remind myself to LISTEN and stop interrupting them when they are telling me about their experience. There is a lot to learn from others, no matter how GREAT we think we are.

All in all, the deduction I can make at this stage is that -the best way to deal with people who love to grumble (and talk bad about almost every thing) , or people who have inferiority complex (but hiding it by acting tough) or people who are simply snobbish and forget how to be respectful ......is by being firm and sure that as long as God is pleased with our actions, and we are doing the right things, then we are better than what 'these' people are trying to make us feel or think about ourselves. No hard feelings.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate motivational books. I can't bear the boring materials of personal opinions.
I prefer to follow my own conscience.

maheranhz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maheranhz said...

lct, how are you? hmm, still following your own conscience? no worries, i am sure you have something interesting to share with me.........

maheranhz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.