Friday, April 24, 2009

Beautiful = Good

This is a story of a 'normal-looking' teacher who has been quite curious about the menacing behaviour of her students. What puzzles her is that many of them in this class will add extra points in their essays even though she expects them to elaborate on three points only. In other words, they surpass the teacher's expectation of them.

During the 'oral test', she takes the opportunity to find out about the students' interests in learning the English Language. Much to her surprise, these students ARE actually following her lessons and the tips given by her. The only obstacle is the hours they spend after school at their workplace....it seems that they are working part-time between 5 to 8 hours a day.

When asked about their past learning experience, these students seem to have their own perception of what constitutes a good lesson. Plus, it makes the teacher
worried.............

"Teacher, for PMR, my ........... teacher tell lies. He said as long as I do my folio, I'll pass my paper. I didn't pass one. But my English I got C."

"Oh, very good. Why do you think you were able to get a C? Who's your teacher then?"

"She beautiful. I look at her beautiful face when she is teaching. That's why I got C".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha3! I'm rolling on the floor!
Yeah, I agree, face does sometimes play important role in attracting attention.
Lets see, I watched some of the Chinese drama series not because the dramas are awesome (they are damn sucks!), I just love to watch the innocent looking of Crystal Liu Yi Fei, that's all.
Another example, all (ya, all) of my Physics lecturer now are all all man and ladies (all above 50). This makes me sleeping in the class!
Hush! I appreciate some of my lecturers in INTEC, as they look beautiful. Indeed, I feel more "motivated" in lessons taught by beautiful lecturers.

maheranhz said...

lct, you DO have a good sense of humour!