Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We Are Not All-Knowing

It was indeed an eventful week.

After slowly adjusting my life from a weak person to someone who seemed rejuvenated, it was nonetheless turned topsy-turvy when we decided to do a spring cleaning at home. With an influx of furniture into our small castle, my concept of minimalism had to undergo a conversion.

I remember feeling totally under the weather on Monday (yesterday). Yes, the weather was rather gloomy too. I must have been working for 10 hours the day before....non-stop. I wonder why work seems like a big W-O-R-K lately!

Last Saturday 4 April we had our Sports Day. I liked the march past by every contingent. As one novice Hakim, I stood at the 'Grand Stand' while holding the clipper board and the forms for filling out the marks. I strongly believed that my marks were totally based on their performance, without a single inch of bias. Of course I saw Aisyah in the contingent of Prefects ( pity them, they were as serious as ever and of course they lost). Aisyah ran too for 4x100 metres (and the team emerged champion!) and thank God she's enjoying it. I despise the thought of forcing students into taking part in any competition.

Monday 6 April was the usual assembly day. The function we had that day was the launching of Bulan Pusat Sumber and Anugerah Sahsiah Tinggi for every class. Sadly, some of the students who received sahsiah tinggi were doubted by their peers! I sat closest to the stage and I could hear CLEARLY laughter from one student after his friend's name was called as the recipient of this award. I didn't have to wonder why he laughed out loud that way because as I turned left I saw another student looking puzzled why she was not chosen. It would be unwise for me to interfere with the selection, since nobody had asked for my opinion. Anyway, I never have any reservations over God's fairness and His nature of being All-knowing . Whatever awards that a person receives is his when he deserves it, otherwise it is only superficially granted to him, though he does not ask for it in the first place.

I have long learnt that an award may have a lasting impact only when a person deserves it. Who are we to judge?

2 comments:

a@ron said...

Well, it's common that the deservingly people won't get what they deserved.

maheranhz said...

a@ron, brilliant! but again: one man's meat could be another man's poison....