Sunday, April 19, 2009

Doctors Make The Worst Patients

As my husband was explaining to Mukhlis the importance of using mind-maps , my eyes caught sight of a beautiful mural on the wall next to the school hall. It read 'DREAM more than others think is practical. EXPECT more than others think is possible.' Suddenly , I felt as though I had come to my senses , again.............

My father used to advise me to set my sights on something more than ordinary........... I guess I had always respected him for his ambitious nature. I did not live up to his initial expectation, which was to see me become a lawyer. After I completed my degree, he expected me to become a Valuer (I wonder what it is like to be either one of these.....).

If you think I have let him down, maybe you are right.

But then again, I'm just an ordinary person................on a planet so small compared with the other planets in this galaxy. Similarly, to me other people are ordinary people too..........(sorry, don't feel offended) until they strongly exhibit traits of humility.

What is a good test of humility? Easy. See how a person behaves and treats others who can't retaliate against him/her because of his/her power, wealth or strength...........

Back to the words of wisdom, my first instinct was to share it with my children who were at home and also to someone extraordinary. I was still in the car, listening to my husband's lecture to Mukhlis when I received two replies. One was from my daughter who asked "Mak, have you mistakenly sent me a message?" .................Go figure!

No comments: