Friday, July 18, 2008

Abah

Thank you abah. It is never too late to thank my loving abah who had allowed me to be as rude as si tenggang in the form 4 literature component.

My abah passed away 10 years ago when I was expecting my fifth child, my little Sarah.

He was such a disciplinarian, hence moulding me into a rather 'disciplined' teenager. I always hoped to find friends who could appreciate the beauty of self-discipline (in the boarding school I was trapped in). Hey, I like my school, and I had always liked it.

On the other hand, abah always wanted me to think out-of-the-box. I know, it was strange to be serious, conventional but at the same time, being forward-looking and brave enough to speak my piece.

But, that was exactly what happened during my teenage years.

Yes, I made mistakes along the way, and I wasn't spared the scolding from him. However, most importantly, he was a very responsible father who had only the best intentions ........ and he did it with a sincere love in his heart.

No comments: