Friday, July 11, 2008

Mum and Her Career /s

Working every day in a week is pretty common among teachers. In fact, even though by 1.10 pm we might get the chance to leave the school, most of the time, teachers must go home very much later as there are a number of unfinished business to attend to.

It is either due to some official matter like conducting an extra class, a meeting with teachers or students, completing reports, completing a project, checking students' folios (because the Pentaksir Kawasan is coming) or perhaps as a Pentaksir Kawasan , the teacher must sit down to check the documents submitted to her; or something less official like cleaning some special room or going round the school to put up posters or decorating the notice boards.

Worse still, teachers might have to contact people from other places after school , using their own handsets, of course.

After serving for 18 years in this field (I started on the 10th of July, 1990 at SM Dato' Haji Talib Karim, Melaka), I do not mind all these provided I do not have a sick child/husband at home.

Therefore, when my little Sarah and my darling Aisyah are ill this week, I find it slightly difficult to work efficiently. Well, when your children do not eat and sleep well, you as a mother always get the lion's share of the doctor work at home. They always prefer MUM to DAD even when they are off-colour, so when they are really ill, their demands are greater!

The doctor contacted my husband a few hours ago asking Aisyah to come for another check-up tomorrow because according to the blood count, she might be susceptible to dengue......ok, A@ron, your guess should not be sidelined!

But, I have a commitment tomorrow, and also the day after. I will carry out my duties as usual , hoping that things will still get better.

I always believe that God helps those who remember Him. Anyway, Aisyah has started smiling and Sarah has started checking her blog again...... Uh! That's like music to my ears!

No comments: