Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Thin Line

It was 7 pm, Thursday and in the following one hour, I could watch the news. It was filled with the sodomy case for at least the first quarter of the Buletin Utama. Funnily enough, that news was inter-related with the Altantuya case. What is this all about?

Never mind about that, my son and his friends were about to start their journey to an east-coast state. I reminded him to make the most of the trip......and to open his eyes wide enough to the cultures of the people there AND to RESPECT their practices. Most likely, and hopefully, he will find himself to be the new si tenggang like "si tenggang's homecoming".

In our peaceful country , we cannot but accept the customs of the other races. I guess we should not question much about the practices of cultures because there is a thin line between being disrespectful and being outspoken.

Of yes, I can be outspoken too, but mostly at meetings, whether I am chairing it or otherwise....but that's for the sake of performing my duty. In order to get things run properly and accordingly. But , nevertheless, yours truly's persona is not meant to be exaggerated like Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde as she is still quite predictable, I mean QUITE...

Just hope that the boys will enjoy a safe trip.

No comments: