Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Special Date

Suddenly I was reminded of a magic date last year - which was 20.07. 2007.

One of my students once produced a beautiful essay about the magic date. It was magic to him as something special happened to him on that day and the rest was history.......

For various reasons, certain dates are special to us. I may be able to name a few special dates but then others may not be able to share this special date with me, thus making it an anti-climax.

One of the most special dates is the 24th of Ramadhan in 1984. Ehmm....

Another special date is 5 August 1990....the day I became a Mrs.

Last but not the least, (in fact, it is not the last date, really)........this year's 12 November.
If you ask me, I must say that I'm just as anxious as the other teachers and mothers with regard to that date. Perhaps the last person who worries about it is the SPM candidate himself.

I have done my calculation and I must stress here that SPM is just 8 learning weeks from today. But to a teacher who has been reminded by the doctor to see him again for the next appointment, I am torn between .......................

I may resort to an intensive class to compensate for the loss, but this may affect the students' schedule. I am determined to make things as normal as possible, may be the form 4 students are not greatly affected, but the 5A and 5KJ students may have to put up with a few extra 'meetings' with me. Too bad this has to happen this year, though postponing it may only have an undesirable effect on me and the people under my charge.

So, there is going to be a special date which will result in a transformation , but as I reflect on the special dates which I have encountered, even the worst among them has left me but with bitter-sweet memories. So, why worry?


2 comments:

MASTURA OSMAN said...

For various reasons too, I was reminded of a magic date -24.4 every year. Instead of celebrating my birthday, I used to share few numbers - 2 and 4. Co-incidently these numbers had shown something.
1. My abah passed away- 2.4.2004
2. My Honda City- WQP 4242
3. My birthday- 24.04.74
4. I went for my umrah- 2.4
5. Engagement Day- 4.12.99

Life is full of magic date. Today is also a magic date 2.8.2008-first time I read your blog and I do enjoy your live journal. may God Bless you.

maheranhz said...

what a co-incidence! don't forget 20 feb every year....hahaha