Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's Easier Said......


'I was complaining I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet'

That is one thing I tend to forget from time to time. What a confession!

Anyway, Mukhlis's search for an ideal pair of basketball shoes was a success (last Tuesday) after dad and mum took him to the Sungai Wang Plaza. The shoes seemed to be his priority as the only paper that he had to worry about was the EST, a subject which he definitely could forget about , soon.....

Speaking about gratefulness, yeah...sometimes I'm simply not grateful for what I have. No wonder God needs to 'remind' me by giving me some kind of illness or mishap.

When we expect to be rewarded according to our good deeds, it can become a fallacy. It's certainly not as simple as '1+1=2', no no! It doesn't always work out that way...

So, you think you are good? You have done so much to help others? You have guided your students to the very end? You have sacrificed so much ? You are praised by almost everyone for your outstanding performance? You are loved and adored? You are trusted?

Let me share this with you...Whenever I'm being rational and wise, I remind myself that 'all that glitters is not gold', I can't expect good things will automatically emerge as a result of my 'good deeds', similarly I should not be pessimistic about the mishaps that I might have to face, 'coz sometimes these mishaps will lead me to something much better, more satisfying and most importantly, they might change my course of direction, and I will be led to the right path. (Sounds like The Road Not Taken!)

So, being a teacher has taught me to anticipate changes when I encounter a new set of students. Thank God I came to SEMEKAR in 2004 , only to meet with a wonderful set of students who have helped shape me into someone more mature .... I don't mean older, I will age anyhow (no need to remind me, I have many mirrors in my house). But as usual, I cannot expect anything more than that...instead I should 'count my blessings' now........while it lasts.

No comments: