Saturday, November 22, 2008

Short of One A

Siti Hawa Naimah with her HM- Pn Marsilah
Naimah is the Tokoh Pelajar SK Bandar Baru Rawang 2008

It was nonetheless a happy ending to an agonising wait for the UPSR results to be released nationwide.

On the morning of Thursday, 13 November 2008, I went to get my daughter's results at about 10am. Too bad I missed the part where my daughter, Naimah was named the recipient of the Tokoh Pelajar award 2008. Her UPSR results were not the best she would have expected. She was in tears when I approached her. The straight As students were all smiles but my little princess was having a nightmare of her life.

You can guess what I decided to do. It took me a few minutes to convince her that no tears should be shed, because it was a lesson she learnt, the hard way.

I could have mentioned about the people I knew , who had had their share of a bitter medicine, before reaping the joys of success in an unmistakenly 'blessings in disguise'.

I did not mention any of my stories to her as it was deemed unnecessary, but you might want to know about the people I knew who kept on failing despite the rigorous revision work that they had done. Owing to their 'failure' to conform to the standards set by the university, they had to find another institution of higher learning. But, hey, presto, one of them got 'hooked up' (innocently) with her lecturer, (and now they live happily ever after) whereas the other one found her love of her life, a Master's degree student, who was also pursuing his studies at the same university.

The moral of the story: there is a reason for such a 'failure', all we have to do is to think positively about the mishap; and find ways to turn it into success. I guess, I need to be reminded about this.....'coz to be in the trough is a real pain, and to return to the peak takes real guts in me.

No comments: