Monday, November 24, 2008

Taking It In Your Stride

'Value is a word of many meanings'

That was the phrase I was forced to swallow when I was in Adelaide, South Australia , doing 'Property Valuation' degree course. I had (and still have) no objection to this teaching because I really, really liked studying in Australia. I liked the Aussies I befriended, my lecturers (John Cooper, Geoff Page, Peter, Donna, Paul Kershaw,Trevor Mills) who had good sense of humour, the Aussies I harassed during my field studies, my neighbours, the beautiful friends from Malaysia (wonder where you people are now), the shopping complexes and also the hotels and motels I stayed in during my field trips. In fact, the list is longer, actually.

Today, as soon as I flicked through our school magazine, I realised that something was missing. I was expecting an article but it was not there.....Well, not wanting to equate this with failure, I accepted it as it was and I became more determined to take up the challenge of producing good writers and speakers of English in the future.

I would not want to wait for miracles of achieving the status of a perfect teacher before I embark on my project (shall describe this in more detail next time). Nevertheless, my disappointment was somehow consoled with the fact that I had submitted that article....

In short, this incident may give rise to different perceptions and reactions, but nothing is actually more valuable than facing it positively,.....Phew, life is certainly not meant for the faint-hearted!

No comments: