Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pekan, Pahang


Mak Ngah and the little kids in Pekan, Pahang

Hi, Mr Goat!

It was 8.15 pm and I had not reached my house when the familiar beep beep was heard. 'There is a problem with our time-table. We can't proceed', read the message. 'I just reached Rawang, shall see to it', was my reply.

Phew! I could not be with my team of Time-table Committee today even though it had been properly planned and I had called almost every body to come.

Earlier that morning, while preparing breakfast for Hasif (and the whole family, of course), my daughter came, bringing with her my handset. 'Ma, phone call'

It was from my brother who informed me that my sister-in-law's parents were killed in an accident , early this morning. She is the only sister-in-law I have , and her parents had always treated me and my children with kindness. So, it was impossible for me to ignore such an important news.

My original plan was to go to school, work with the Time-table committee and to give Furqaan some materials which he needed, but everything had to to be adjusted. My team went ahead with their work and I went to Pekan, Pahang.

The journey seemed endless, even my little girls noticed it , but they had an experience of touching a goat (left by the couple), which appeared to be quite friendly and lost...

My mum was there, so were my aunties, uncle and cousins. My sister-in-law was of course in tears but her 4 children seemed oblivious of the fact that their grandparents were gone. Children are children, they will remember this day, anyhow, just as much as they will remember that their Mak Ngah had kissed them goodbye (affectionately) before she left for Rawang that very afternoon.



No comments: