Friday, October 17, 2008

Appreciation Dinner 2008

KLCC at night
H and M
With Jamie and Frankie

The heavy rain raised our doubts about attending the special dinner hosted by Petronas.

As soon as I reached home after acting as a Critical Friend in the school Buddy Support System meeting, my husband suggested that I had my lunch immediately 'coz my form 4 boy would like us to fetch him from school. Oh! It would mean that we were going to make two trips to KL today.

The double trip would also spoil my plan to shop for a new handset!

"Aisyah, may I borrow your handset?"

"Oh, sure! But what's wrong with yours?"

Fortunately, as she was 'repairing' my handset, it burped the normal sound.........oh, ok, now I could use my phone. There was a message I urgently had to send to my student.

We had to brave the stormy rain in our first trip. When we reached home, my eyes could not tolerate it anymore, but my disciplined husband instructed me to get ready for our second trip while he went to fetch our little girls from their Agama school.

Later, the second trip proved to be not much a hassle but the situation changed when we entered KL as the closer we got to KL Convention Centre, suddenly the traffic almost came to a halt. Wow, nevertheless, I took a few pictures (but they did not turn out good).

The dinner itself was held on the ground floor of the KLCC. The emcee was quite versatile and the entertainers were really talented. They were Sarah, Anuar Zain and Adibah Noor (in order of appearance), each entertaining us with a rendition of Raya songs, Sway, Getaran Jiwa, Mungkin, Moon Dance, Ketulusan Hati, Lelaki Ini and a few other numbers which were too enticing to ignore (but I wonder whether the songs would thrill my children and my students).

The food was delectable, the best in fact compared with the previous years' dinner(s), but to maintain my "Size Zero", I decided to have just a little bit of everything.

We met our 'orang kampong' from Rawang- Frankie and Jamie and with the help of one 'adik' fom the catering staff, we had our photo taken.
Can you see how sweet the ladies' smiles are? It was taken while Adibah Noor, who was wearing a pink gown, was singing a melodious song. Jamie, as demure as she could be, looked feminine in her white dress, unlike her usual appearance when working during the day.

This night would remain a memorable one - sharing the joy with the big family of Petronas and its commercial partners.

No comments: