Saturday, October 4, 2008

Aidil Fitri

At my Mak Long's house (she is also my mum's neighbour)

It's already the fourth day of Hari Raya. As a Muslim, I celebrate Aidil Fitri as a sign of victory...that I have fulfilled my duty as a devout Muslim to fast in the whole of Ramadhan. It is a requirement which could only be assessed by Allah.

My absence from this blogspot was not intended in any way! It seems that Melaka is not really the best place for me to blog in this blogspot. There were a number of technical hitches that really took up my time....

But today I am already back..... mmm, I met the crossroads again. But this time, another good Samaritan had removed the flower pot a few feet away, making it possible to see the oncoming cars, without much hassle!

My balik kampong started with doing the much needed spring cleaning in my Tampin house. Wah, it is spick and span now. It is a real bless to have six children! The word to describe that house was 'Dusty' (when we first stepped in) but within 18 hours everything was changed-----inside and out. Thus, I breathed a sigh of relief and the whole family quickly packed up again to add the camaraderie at my mum's house in Alor Gajah.

My mum whom I consider a woman of grit, was unwell but her Aidil Fitri spirit was nonetheless unaffected. She prepared a fresh rendang for us (and for my sister and her family, and my brother and his family, who were scheduled to come back later that evening).

My Aidil Fitri schedule was packed with attending open houses. In the picture above , we were at my Mak Long's house. Well, she seemed unwell too... but this could be because two of her family members were down with the Chikugunya disease! (pardon the spelling mistake, if any).

I guess I can sum up my diary of my stay in Alor Gajah as full of visits and makan-makan.....and my children became richer than their mother at the end of the balik kampong!

No comments: