Monday, October 20, 2008

No, They Wouldn't Know....


Shao Hong, Aisyah, Anita, LChai Meh, myself and Wai Hon in the library discussing the Sabah SPM Trial exam paper.

It's Monday again. The school normally buzzes with activites on Mondays.

This time, there wasn't any formal assembly. My focus today was to assume an active role in preparing the Language Department's planning for 2009. So I rechecked the calendar, in order to set deadlines for reports and proposals.

At 10.45 I went down to 5KJ but the classroom was hot, thus the five students who were present were taken to the Resource Centre for a discussion of the Sabah SPM Trial Paper. Wai Hon laughed when I had difficulties in explaining the meaning of words to him. (Luckily, Chai Meh was around to translate the words). It was fun to teach such a small group of innocent students..... They are determined to get better results even though it is an uphill task - it's tough but I respect their determination.

My work at school ended with a meeting with the Heads of the different panels - for BM, English Language, Malay Literature, EST, Tamil, Chinese and Arabic panels.

At 4 pm, when I took my things to my car, I realised that the load of documents and books I wanted to take home showed how my homework was worse than my students'.....if only they knew!

No comments: