Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Misconception (?) About Attendance

I received a message from a student who apologised about his/her inability to submit his/her work tomorrow. But the student promised to submit the work to me, by hook or by crook , this week (Well, as I told you earlier, I receive more unexpected messages lately).

When I asked the student about his/her absence, and also what would happen to his/her record of attendance....the student made a surprising statement , which was : "Attendance for this year is closed already, teacher"

Oh, oh, where did you get the idea from?

I was told personally by Pn Norzida , my boss, (on Sunday, 26 October, 2008) at her house, that attendance for the form five students was to be recorded as usual......She added ," Sayanglah mereka kalau kedatangan menunjukkan mereka kerap tak hadir".

Certainly there are reasons why students opt to stay home but sadly, the misconception about attendance must be clarified..........

No comments: