Saturday, February 7, 2009

Colours

Why are there many different shades of colours? Why is the world colourful?

A few days ago my blog was designed in pastels but yesterday I decided to add bright colours to it. Hope you like it.

After the PTA meeting at my school today I decided to take a nap. In the cool of my bedroom and the seemingly quiet house, I began to doze off.

About 30 minutes after that I was already at Taman Bersatu with my two little girls. No, I could not enjoy my nap because there was something else I had to do.

Later this evening I had the opportunity to be at the Taman Bersatu Lake, while my daughters were running around in the playground. In fact, my legs could not keep pace with them who excitedly dashed to the swings , leaving the mother to stroll the lane , enjoying the 'colours' of the evening.

I saw a man, sitting on the bench, looking rather deep in thoughts, .......perhaps he was ruminating on the cruel acts in Gaza. Along the way, at least three times I found a young man who was engrossed in an animated conversation with his girl. That reminded me of what the late Prof. Atan Long used to tell us, which was -
'If you see a man and a woman eating in a restaurant and they are hardly looking at each other, most likely they are married. In a car, a man and his woman partner tend to be cheerful and talkative if they are not married yet!'

A few mothers , still in their office attire, tried to spend quality time with their children. An Indonesian maid seemed relieved to find her friend, who was also taking her employer's children out, to exchange notes, perhaps?

The ice-cream man was waiting patiently for his bait to be taken by the 'little fish', just like the anglers who were practising their skills at the lake for an upcoming fishing competition.

My thoughts were focused on my children, though from time to time I was also enjoying my observation of the wonderful colours that make up the world and its entirety.

I know, somewhere, from afar, I could be observed by a watchful eye because I , too , am part of this intriguing world.

No comments: