Monday, February 9, 2009

A Lesson On Holidays

Monday is never the same when it is a public holiday.

The scorching sun didn't deter me from enjoying my outing. Frankly, my mind was buzzing with ideas on what and how to teach my students. What are the activities that would ensure their sustained interests in improving their language acquisition? Intermittently, I would be mulling over my new interest............yes, it is still at the preliminary stage, hence I should not disclose it yet.

As though unaware of my own movements, I found it quite shocking to be away from home 90 per cent of my waking hours today! Of course I should be here, at my desk because I should be doing a lot of paperwork...

A holiday is always just another day for me since I was small. I remember doing sample exam questions when I was in primary school. Then during my teenage years, I had to do my revision because the other students were doing exactly that at my secondary school hostel. When I was doing my matriculation, I wasn't spared the never-ending assignments and revision work. This went on when I was at the varsity level when I really, really spent my Sundays studying at the library and at the computer lab. Well, habits die hard, right?

But thank God, wisdom has got the better of me, hence my holidays have been more meaningful lately. That is why I bend the 'rule' a bit, to enable my body and my soul to find some purpose in getting a holiday.

Anyway, I'd better get back to work, as getting my work done today will determine my 'happiness' for the rest of this month.

No comments: