Monday, February 23, 2009

Debate 09


Even though I usually have to teach the 3 Yasmeen until 4pm on Mondays, I don't feel burdened by it. This is because the students are always ready to learn at this unfavourable hours!

Today, by chance Puan N had to go to the hospital at 10 am, hence I voluntered myself to teach the 3Y during her class. That gave me an opportunity to be with Pn R and our debaters for our final preparation before the competition this Wednesday.

The motion for the first round is "Women make better bosses".

Frankly, I am not sure whether I am personally in favour of this motion. What do you think? I am a woman myself and my leadership style is greatly influenced by my belief that we must work hard without giving monetary gains as our priority. With this belief, many men wouldn't like to work under me. On the other hand, I believe in being just and indiscriminating, hence, any man or woman of a sound mind would agree with me that it is definitely what should happen in our daily lives.

But I don't really fancy taking up a high post, sad, is it not? Whatever it is, I truly want to do my best without bothering to back-stab a colleague in order to climb the ladder of 'ranking' in an organisation. If I deserve it, so shall I be given a post, that is so important that people are envious of me...

Back to the debate, the debaters are one happy lot of youngsters, I don't wish to dampen their spirits by giving any negative comments. On Wednesday, they will fight the battle, good luck guys!

No comments: