Tuesday, February 3, 2009

News Near and Far

Once I asked my students: "How do you think the word 'news' was derived?"

Do you know? Well I don't. But I like the possibility that the word is actually an abbreviation of four words.....(will tell you later)

This morning, as I glanced at my handset, I noticed that there was a message for me. I hoped it was not another, "Hai cik adik.... etc etc" like the one I received recently.

It tickled me to be called 'Cik Adik' (I wonder how old the sender is).

Anyway, this message I received this morning was meant to be a 'doa' for me from someone who says that she and her friend kinda missing me. Oh!

At noon I saw TWS who came to school with two young ladies. He was more cheerful than before and obviously the air in KL has done him some good! Rather vague?

Oh yes, the 4 words are North, East, West and South. What do you think?

No comments: