Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Return 10 Feb 2009


At 11 am, he came to give me a book which was supposed to be a gift from me to him.

Reluctantly, I contacted M to ask him about a form 5 literature textbook, ......well, a novel by KS Maniam but this novel is not used by the students of SEMEKAR. The book was supposed to be a 'starter' or an 'appetizer' , to encourage him to read novels as a preparation for the SPM last year.

However, after a futile search for another copy of the book, I had to try my luck by asking him whether I could use the book this year.

Then he came as planned , with a face as 'sweet' as ever, telling me about the National Service which he's attending now. "It is not very tough", said he. Before he left, wittily he mentioned that the book must be returned to me because the title was "The Return". He's got a point there and I couldn't agree more.

No comments: