Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hot... Is A Word Of Many Meanings

"Be careful, it's hot", gently your mum reminded you when we were small. Be it a hot cup of milo or the dish was hot sambal. Ah, anything! Mum would try to protect us from anything hot.

Lately, the sweltering afternoons are not helping me recover from my 'minor headaches' or bouts of 'uneasy tummy'. Come to think of it, the weather is not to be blamed, it's all in the mind.

My attempts to avoid any hot news are in vain. I particularly dislike believing stories narrated / created by some people whose intention is dubious (or misleading). At one point in time, I felt like throwing 'something' at his/her face to show just how tired I was of listening to his/her less than truthful story/claims. (Pardon me for sounding rude).

Well, all's well that ends well. The truth always prevails......sooner or later. To those who are liars out there, please do us a favour by putting a stop to all the lies, check back your facts! It could be you are the problem here when your anger has clouded your mind.

Anyway, on another note: those who have just started to get the first taste of real life, remember - hot things may hurt you, ...still.

No comments: