Friday, February 13, 2009

Read, Read and Read, and Digest It

If there is one extraordinary step I take this year, then it must be my refusal to subscribe to the STAR newspaper that is being sold at my school. It is strange though, because I do encourage the students and teachers to get a copy of this paper for themselves. Certainly, there is nothing wrong with it, just that now since my eldest child wants to read the paper in the morning, I'd rather he buys the paper himself from the nearest shop / 7-E.

But today, for a change , when I stopped by Pustaka Rawang, I decided to pick up the NST instead. What captured my attention was not the headline- about 'The Credit Card Relief' (though I fancy the idea), it was more on a short report on 'Ungku Aziz's Secrets To Success' on page 24 (Nation).

To begin with, one of his secrets is to read nine books. To him, the books provide an insight on how to be good and successful leaders. To him a good leader would have intelligence, credibility, humility, courage and discipline. Furthermore, a good leader would be able to spot opportunities during crisis. Successful people are also those who have resolve because their minds are strong and resolute in reaching their goals.

Hmm, food for thought!

No comments: