Friday, June 27, 2008

Blind

It is Friday, again!

I bumped into a few old friends yesterday, a Malay, a Chinese and an Indian...........and they are Malaysians. Most importantly, they are my old friends. You know, the sort of friends whom we have lost contact with , no sms, no e-mail, no 'friendster'ing and no phoning. But they are my friends.

Frankly, I did not wish to highlight their races because since young I have trained myself to be COLOUR-BLIND.

The downside of my attempt to be colour-blind is that I once reached a stage where I was NOT able to notice the colour of the dress that other people were wearing. But now I am making a conscious effort to bring back my skills of identifying other people's dress, shoe colour, hair colour, car colour etc. etc. but I remain adamant about NOT looking at their skin colour.

Since small I was conscious about my being darker than the other members of my family. Only my (late) grandmother was able to convince me to never pay a blind bit of notice to the teasing I received (then).

How I am grateful to her for her support!

As I grew up, my belief in 'colour-blind' became unfaltering.

In essence, what other people think about my colour no longer affects me.......especially after you have someone who likes you the way you are, you know what I mean?

Anyway, love is blind, is it not true?

No comments: