Saturday, June 7, 2008

Homely



I am a homely person today. It is Saturday and I can almost smell the enticing aroma from the school canteen ( even though to a number of people, they can only mention the less favourable adjectives to describe its food ) . Perhaps I am not very fussy about food that I have to take at my workplace. Anyway, these people who complain may not be able to serve the delectable food that would be expected from them.

The moral of the story is do not complain too much. A colleague of mine is sincere in her comments and sometimes she brings her own food from home. This is what I consider the ability to practise what one preaches. Her food is undoubtedly delicious and she also offers some of it to us in the canteen.

So, the first term school holiday is almost over, and I am going to take my son back to his school tomorrow. I think I am going to miss our daily routine during the holidays especially when it comes to doing the household chores. My children will get back their report cards whereby I will submit my students' marks to their respective form teachers on Monday.

But for now I will go back to the living room, where my children are watching tv and I would like to make the most of my time with them.... in 10 years time, things will be different in this living room....but as the saying goes, a man's home is his castle.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

though im not a fussy eater, i think somebody ought to put into the owner of the cafe at my office to change its menu! the menu is driving me nuts!

maheranhz said...

O O, you'd better do something about it!