Monday, June 23, 2008

No Extra Classes

"Today's announcement : The extra classes for the form 5 classes are cancelled!"

Did I hear a hint of excitement in the voice of the announcer? Who was the announcer? Was it Dr A?

I missed that part of identifying the announcer..... but I remember seeing the 'peace sign' shown by Ng and the big grin on KMing's face in the crowd of students before me. I responded with a faint smile, even though frankly I could be more excited than the boys because I already had plans to get a taste of the public transport to KL.

So, the Metro bus witnessed my ride to KL. The bus fare was only RM1.50! No using of petrol (of my car) and no parking fees to worry about. In fact, I reached KL in less than one hour. Either it was Monday or people chose not to go shopping yet, as I did not have to queue up at the counter/s.

The pleasant stroll that I had enjoyed that evening was marred by the sudden rush of people at the commuter station. By the time I decided to come back to Rawang by the commuter train, it was late. Phew! I missed the first train that stopped at the Bank Negara station. The commuter train looked more like a mobile sardine can......... Hence, no admittance!!

Don't worry, after another 2 trains, I knew that the third train would HAVE TO accept me! I literally pushed the people in the sardine-packed train further in to make sure that I would 'get accepted'. After about 6 stops, I managed to get a seat.

So, maybe no there was no extra class on that day, but I had learned another lesson on reality and survival.....


No comments: