Monday, June 30, 2008

July!

Soon, in less than 7 minutes, we will be in the second half of the year!

SPM is fast approaching. And so does UPSR. My boy is taking SPM and my daughter is sitting for UPSR. And so do many students in Malaysia.

As a teacher and a mother, I would like to help guide my children and my students. Maybe I am born this way, maybe I am born to serve. Wow, it sounds quite noble even though the fact is that I am just me.

Often, I find myself to be blessed with a number of incidents which are actually a blessing in disguise. If you know the poem "The Road Not Taken", you will understand just what it is like taking one road, only having to forego the other. What is said and done, must be done earnestly. At times, you also need to choose between two options and this tests your ability to use your head over your heart.

On 1 July 1997, I decided only to use the English Language with my children....a tough decision but it is indeed proven to be fruitful. They have not become the Mat Sallehs, neither have that guaranteed A1 for their English Language. However, it has helped them acquire the language easily , just like their friends acquiring their mother tongue. Not all Malay students can score A1 for BM , right?

I won't praise them yet. It is just my nature to reserve compliments and praises unless to the deserving ones.........and that never takes place after a brief acquaintance.

So, July 2008 (which will never be repeated in the history of my life), here I come!

No comments: