Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First

By now, many of my students should know that I like numbers 3 and 7. Another number I like very much is number 1. It excites me!!! It reminds me of my primary school years where my happiness was only justified when I managed to secure the first place in class.

Being the first equates feeling good, feeling fresh, feeling that you are on cloud nine.

Getting the first place in sports events is also a very joyful moment. My favourite event was high jump......OK No comments, please.

Getting the highest marks was also one thing I cherished especially when I had really worked hard for it and most of my coursemates failed to answer the questions. One of my sweetest moments was when my lecturer asked me to read out my answer as I was the only one who could answer one of the questions for my First Year Law exam paper.

But then again, those were the days....

Today is my first day back in school. I know it is Tuesday today but I was ill and could not come to work yesterday. As I entered the class, I reminded my students to greet me by mentioning my name instead of calling me "Teacher". There were a few puzzled looks hence I had to explain to them my reason. Actually I did not have much energy and I almost felt like lying down in front of the class but the class students were full of energy and also I sensed that they were high-spirited, which left me with little choice but to take sips of plain water and I continued with my work no matter how sloppy it was today.

I am thankful to God for giving me such a wonderful life. I have experienced many sweet moments , therefore I hope to be given the chance to be healthy again so that I will be able to resume my duties as a wife (and a friend to my other half), a mother, a daughter, a daughter-in-law, a sister, a law abiding citizen of Malaysia and very importantly , a teacher to my students whom I always care for (even though my contribution is just a drop in the ocean).

Let my first day in school today be the least effective day compared with the days to come....June, July, August, September, October and SPM.


No comments: