Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Call Of Duty

If it was not for my son, I would not be writing this now.

What a challenging day as I had misplaced my medicine. I really couldn't figure out just what had gone wrong! Looking at my time-table today, I knew what to expect. My duty starts early every Tuesday as I need to check on teachers who are not in school and I need to make sure that the list of relief duties is ready before 7.20 am. Luckily, it wasn't that difficult today because there were only 2 or 3 last minute changes - (eg teachers who are ill or they have to leave school earlier due to unforeseen circumstances).

I entered all my 4 classes today and the students were rather receptive......even the naughtier ones were well behaved today. Or maybe I looked a bit too pale today? Only God knows! Come to think of it, even the 5 KJ students could listen to my explanation on the 'perfect' way of answering ( The Pearl) , the literature component of SPM Paper 2 - for two periods!!!

Anyhow, my early day had to end late as I finished my EST class at about 3 pm. I never expected the students to make any noise (in fact any sound at all) but today they were quite in a jovial mood.... strange things do happen!!

So, it was a strange day perhaps.

At home, suddenly I felt weak but I knew it was unrelated to my fever. It was the usual stuff. I did a little bit of coaching - Mathematics and BM - to speed up my little girls' homework. Then I thought I'd better retire early to bed. The moment I got up from my chair, my eldest son came out of his room and asked whether I had any graph paper. Oh gosh! So I obliged myself to take him to the nearby shop and because of that I had changed my mind.

That is why I am writing now in this blog. Oh I guess after this I should also read and edit MN's essay that he wishes to submit to the editorial board of the school magazine. So... I'll be up for another hour or so. Thank you, my son.

No comments: