Monday, June 2, 2008

One Wife

My schedule was tight over the weekend as I attended a number of wedding receptions organised by my friends, neighbours and relatives. As a rule, I did not spend more than half an hour at one place and I avoided going into the house to 'check' on the bridal chamber- which could be the practice of some people.

It was good to see the couples tying the knot and I did not wish to pry into their private lives. I was simply there to share their happiness of starting a new life with someone they care and they love. I am no judge to their choice of partner even though it is said that 'marry in haste, repent at leisure'. Furthermore, life is not plain sailing , so whatever it takes, the newly-weds will have to learn to adapt themselves to their new life. Remember, when Adam was lonely, God created for him, not ten friends, but one wife. So, good luck!!

No comments: