Monday, December 22, 2008

If (Only)....


Little Snow White's last dream

They are stray dogs, must they be bad?

I think I'd have to thank Rudyard Kipling for producing a wonderful poem 'If' which now occupies my life. I'm saying that I'm reading his poem every day lately. Yes, I find it very fascinating and very TRUE, indeed.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good,nor talk too wise;

This is only an excerpt of the wonderful poem that I'm beginning to become obsessed with....

Today I attended my first meeting with my new principal. Too early for me to start praising her......, (anyway, I don't do boot licking). Furthermore, if you can remember, my praises are quite a rarity and I take a loooooong time before accepting a new acquaintance to be a buddy. My lukewarm responses can be changed after a convincing close encounter.

May I add two more of my favourite lines:-


If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

I just met with these two impostors today (No, I DON'T mean my new principal, I beg to differ....).

By the way, my cat-loving daughters were eager to break the news when I reached home:...

"Ma, our little kitten was found dead under your car this morning".

...to which I responded understandingly, with much sympathy to the other cats that just lost their brother (also to my children who have been the saviours of stray cats, dogs, bees and monkeys which 'roam' my neighbourhood). They have definitely emulated my husband.

Stray dogs do know how to reciprocate, if you wish to know. There's a a photo of this gang taken yesterday morning (see above),

and also a photo of "Snow White" in the company of his brother "Flora" on the last night it was seen alive (Sunday night).


No comments: