Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Inner Man

For one reason or another, have you ever felt ashamed of yourself?

Similarly, if you meet someone (a stranger) and he has a good impression of you, and being a sincere and an extrovert person, he explicitly says so about you, would you feel good or bad?

I expect a positive answer from you, that is you would feel good about it, even though the situation is rather awkward. Tell me if I am wrong.....

It's normal, really, to want to feel good about ourselves; provided you are raised in a normal environment and your parents or teachers are not sadists or child-abusers (but I believe teachers are never sadists).

Oh, that reminds me-
Last week, someone asked me about "how I felt about a certain incident".

My reply was: "Oops, my apologies, I don't talk much about my feelings"......[I was smiling sheepishly 'coz I didn't complete the sentence with 'but I do WRITE about it']

To be fair, let me just go back to the main story:

To have a balanced character, one has to DO a good deed in order to POSSESS a good heart. Do something good, man. Then, test yourself. Have you become proud of your good deed? After helping a friend, do you yearn for some rewards?
Justify Full
What is the moral of the story? Should you then stop doing something good because it causes you to boast about it? The answer is "Rubbish" (a bit rude here). That is no excuse for reverting your good intentions and deeds to something useless. Keep on being good and DOING good, evaluate yourself and who knows one day you will reach 'altruism' - even then the tests go on.....it's worse than SPM.

Having said that, I feel calm tonight, sensing the joys of the X'mas celebrations that many of my friends are experiencing. It's 10 minutes to midnight, may hearts of gold make this celebration meaningful and lasting.

Positive thinking, apart from leading a healthy lifestyle is certainly good for the inner man.....


p/s Due to unforeseen circumstances, this post could only be posted a few hours after midnight.

No comments: