Friday, December 26, 2008

We ARE Civilised and Advanced, If We Choose To Be...

One thing I respect about our Asian culture is that we take great care of the health of mothers during their confinement period. At least for the first 44 days after delivering a child, a mother is given the best care and attention by her civilised family members.

Don't think lowly of this culture even though obviously it doesn't stem from the west (mat salehs).

I have a book in my possession, written by an American about 'Massage' and she claims that Asians are advanced when it comes to caring for a new mother during her convalescence.

I'm of the opinion that we have to check back our heritage in the deep jungle (I'm referring to the plants and herbs). As I was once a student of Property Valuation (some twenty years ago), I can still recall the criteria and the determinants of value of a property. What is it you are saying? They could be outdated? No, knowledge is power, but I can't claim that I know it all, my knowledge may be lagging behind because it's not within my practice. On the other hand, my interest in it has kept me wide-eyed (about property values, indiscriminate logging and excessive development).

Aren't our forests our true heritage?

No comments: