Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Someone Did Remember!

"Teacher! It's good to see you again!", a girl who was queuing behind me excitedly exclaimed.

I turned to face her, trying to recall her name, ( Which school? When did I teach her? ....) but to no avail.

Anyhow, she was really, really talkative that I had no choice but to listen to and to believe her stories about how she appreciated my lessons, my scolding etc etc.

She could also remember that I didn't drive to school when I was a teacher at SEGAR. "Every time we saw you come with your husband , teacher, that's why we knew you didn't drive". She added, " You also taught my elder brother who is now a doctor in Perak".

"Teacher, we were really afraid of you because you were fierce and we knew that you would scold us when we didn't do our work". (Really??)

Thank God before every body in the bank got to know my history (her voice was available to every eavesdropper), it was my turn to do transaction with the ATM machine.

Finally, I thought, someone did remember me after leaving school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will also remember each and everyone in my life, even though I may not contact them. My brain's space is still too much...Wish me luck, my SSABSA result may be announced about a week before Christmas.
Take care! Productive teacher (I mean Blogging).

maheranhz said...

l chuan tuck, it's an interesting comment. replied in your blog. take care, u too!