Saturday, December 27, 2008

National Service: They Were My Students


CMing Yeet is the youngest of them all (24 Dec)

"My friend would like to know how you have lost weight", asked my sister.

"You should have asked me a few weeks ago, now after heating my chair for almost 4 weeks, I've put on weight!", I quipped.

"How is that possible?", she burst into laughter.

Well, that's the conversation we had over the phone before she came to my house, all the way from Seremban to have breakfast with me on a Saturday morning. Later, she continued her journey to Taiping.

Let me proudly announce that I made nasi lemak for breakfast. (Ironically, for dinner just now we had to settle with KFC).

I remember certain conversation quite well. Some people are also able to mesmerise you with their seemingly sincere, convincing and intelligent way of speaking.

The art of communications is simply amazing. Remember Obama? Martin Luther King? DS Anwar Ibrahim? Tun Mahathir? Or simply your cousin or friend (whom you envy for his gift of the gab?)

Anyway, I also love to communicate with younger people (children and students , and ex-students) who always show their development in thinking.

Yesterday my phone displayed a message from an ex-student who was scheduled to be at one of the National Service camps today. Part of the message was "I hope you'll be happy and healthy all the time, and don't cry".

Imagine what it means? By the way, I appreciate it!

(Good luck to FPui Kim, Evon, LChew Wei, Mahesan, Ng ZS......and others who are starting an adventure today)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU FORGOT ME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM also go for NS..........

NOw i am sad-ing............

maheranhz said...

The ONE I should never forget,

I won't forget you , but the info didn't reach me. Smile!!!