Friday, December 19, 2008

(Mis)-communications

"You have to come too"

That's the message I received just as soon as I reached Kuala Lumpur.

What! The first meeting with my new principal and I failed to be present!

Actually I did contact 2 other people who were the key people regarding the meeting. The ambiguous replies were misunderstood and now it was too late to turn back to Rawang. I looked at the time, 9.40am.

My first instinct was to contact Kak L.

She sounded regretful. "Oh, I forgot all about it. Just now Pn N called but I couldn't make it because I'm still on holiday. Actually LC also not there".

Safety in numbers? No, that was not what it was all about. It's about proper communications, apart from being responsible.

A short while later, I received another message from someone else. Unfortunately, I was in a basement car park area and communications were slightly difficult. I had to explain the situation and I supposed I would contact him next time when communication was 'clearer', with due respect to his responsible and respectful manner.....

2 comments:

MASTURA OSMAN said...

Puan Haslina,
To be part of key people is not that easy. I want to say you are on the right track. No worries. It is also not easy to make them satisfied with whatever decision that we made esp to few people around us. I would also do the same if I were you and just believe ourselves as long as we know are always responsible.
p/s
Miss you!

maheranhz said...

pn mastura, wah i haven't heard from you for quite some time! see u tmrw at the meeting!